Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Sunday was a GREAT DAY!!

Sunday was a great day... first of all, my friend Richie Spring preached @ church while Bro. Marvin was doing an Emmaus walk. He done a WONDERFUL job. So good, I went back and listened to him that evening.. but in between church services, Jake Petty had a birthday party. Jake is the son of Dustie & Kenneth Petty.

Dustie and I became good friends when I was dating Festus (dustie's brother), but I feel our friendship grew over the next few years as we found strength in each other to face the fact that we would lose our Precious Momma Joann to a disease that in the end would have her passing from cancer. Being around for Dustie, her family and her children is something I hope to do and keep doing long into the future. I refer to Jake and Zack as my nephews not by blood, but by love..

Happy Birthday Jake! I love you!

No comments: