Monday, January 05, 2009

Not your typical Monday!
Daddy called as I was leaving home this morning and said 'your mom is driving herself to the ER' . My question was what's wrong and why didn't she call me. Hello I'm right beside the house! But she had major abdominal pain. She said it was worse than ever giving birth! So after about 4 hours at Meadville with no conclusion other than you need to talk to a surgeon with the mention if abdominal blockage she and I went via ambulance to Brookhaven. After about 4 hours there they came to the conclusion that she has a sluggish bowel along with some infection. White counts were 18000. They sent her home with 2 prescriptions. No blockages, no galbladder problems, kinda something that happens once in a blue moon well that is the excessive pain w sluggish bowel. Dr stated many people have it but never know it.

She is on the couch passed out right now. Thanks to Bro. Marvin for coming out to be with us. Jennifer for thinking of me and bringing me my Sonic Diet Coke and checking on us. Thanks to everyone that called and checked on her and us, and thanks for the prayers!

She goes back to Dr tomorrow to have her white blood cell counts checked to see if the infection is decreasing after the 'row seven' shot! Bridget will take her, Daddy and I will both be at work tomorrow.
Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone

3 comments:

Barbara said...

Hope she is doing much better now. Also hope they have figured out what the problem is.

Madge said...

Chonda-
If I find something that works for this mess, I will promptly let you know!

Madge said...

Chonda,
If I find out something out that helps this mess, I will be sure to let you know!