Monday, January 26, 2009

I think I can, I think I can, I think I can.. I KNOW I CAN

I think I can do this diet thing. It's not the first time I've done one. And at one time I was successful at Weight Watchers, which means, HERE I COME AGAIN! Well, WE COME AGAIN. Tara and I have decided to join AGAIN on Thrusday.

Turning 30 was no major deal. But turning 31 and being out of shape has just like floored me. I guess my true "wake up" was last Sunday @ the hospital with Jen & Shelly. I had dropped Jen off at the ER door so she wouldn't have to walk so far, RAN back up the hill and into Graham's room. About out of breath, look at my phone that is going off and it's a text from Jen saying she needed her purse...mind you it's at the bottom of the hill in the truck...so quickly I WALK back out to the truck and attempt to run back up but decided HELL with that. Then Nana pulled up so we briskly walked up the hill. By this time I can barley catch my breath. ENOUGH is ENOUGH!

I always get this way after a "MAJOR" EMT call for some reason. Last time was July 2 years ago when i worked a wreck with 5 patients in the shade on a 99 degree day. Needless to say I said never again...and yet here I am 30 pounds heavier than I was then...

Today was a good day... had an orange for breakfast, chicken salad (very little mayo) with a few crackers, an apple and sliced bell pepper for lunch, an orange and a little bit of popcorn for my afternoon snack..and yes I have drank 2 bottles of water and only a half a diet coke.... GO ME!! Now if I can survive my evening time cravings...I'm thinking wheat rice with sauteed bell peppers and onions with some sliced chicken breast.

Everyone here at te office has been warned that in about 3 days I'll look like this chick...and I'll be mean enough to bite your head off...but I'm going to TRY to refrain from taking it out on anyone. Donna has decided to diet as well, so Tommy is now eating his fried chicken, rice and gravy, cornbread and applie pie by himself. She and I both eat before he gets his lunch. Must be lonely being the only skinny one in our office.

So, please say a prayer for me, Donna and Tara. And maybe say one for the families & others that are around us as well. I may bore you guys with the details of what I ate, but it's my way of writing it down so I won't loose it...

OH and cannot forget my best friend Wendy Z...she's lost an amazing 80 pounds last year. GO GIRL!!!

2 comments:

Momma Pug said...

OH MY GOD! GOOD FOR WENDY!!!!

You can do this Chon. I know you can b/c I can. And if I can anyone can.

Barbara said...

YOU CAN DO IT! MY MONEY IS ON YOU!!