Wednesday, October 03, 2007















Isn't it pretty?

This was taken on our way back from Arizona to as we call it "God's Country", home.

I will be the first one to admit it, I didn't really care for Arizona that much & everyone seems shocked. Let me explain...Chris lives like 5 minutes outside the city limits of Phoenix. Which is like living in Jackson, MS x 5. He has every eating joint he could imagine within 5 blocks of their apartment. You actually turn into the McDonald's parking lot to go to his apartment. There is no grass ANYWHERE around, no trees unless you count the "Sticky Trees" (cactus) as Colby referees to them. I'm sure once you get up into the hills & mountains, things might be a little prettier.

I think this picture of the rainbow was taken in western Texas or New Mexico...It was an amazing sight...Rainbows are hard to capture in a picture. The coloring of the rainbow has to be just right up again a dark sky. I think I about used half my memory card trying to take rainbow pictures. Every few miles during this little storm it was a different rainbow. We even saw a "Double Rainbow" which I couldn't get any good picture of.

This made me think...I say we were coming home to "God's Country", but just from the beauty I was seeing God create around me down that rainy road, I realized then I was just really coming "home". God's Country has it own beauty if it is the beautiful grass, and trees we have here in Mississippi, or the dry desert plains with a beautiful rainbow in the background. These few minutes that I saw this beauty reminded me of how lucky I am to be able to have my life and to be able to enjoy what is surrounding me. Blessed are those of us that have the ability to witness this!

The Double Rainbow is a symbol to our family. I know that Two very special sisters were looking down on Mom and Myself that trip home! One the good Lord blessed me with knowing for years...and the other one I never knew but would have loved as much as the other. I miss you Brandi!!

I thank the Lord everyday for "opening my eyes" and making me appreciate all that is here and all that has passed...blessing of the past, present, and future. I can't wait for what the Lord has in store! AMEN!!!



2 comments:

Unknown said...

We saw a double rainbow over the Mississippi River the night before Nana's cancer surgery. "God Keeps His Promises" took on a whole new meaning.

Anonymous said...

Did you see the double rainbow yesterday on 98? It wasn't as awesome as the one JHC is talking about but beautiful nonetheless.