Monday, May 17, 2010

I'm a BAT!!! (now is that good or bad?!?!?)
ROAD TRIP....back a few months ago, it was decided that Mrs. Donna (my coworker) and I would be going to class to learn to give Breath Alcohol Test, which mean ROAD TRIP! Oh how exciting....but I so forgot how long it was to Knoxville especially driving....but it was nice to be out of the office for a bit. Donna and I left that Monday around 10:15 from Brookhaven and manged to get to Knoxville around 8:30 that night. With a brief stop at the hotel, we were off to locate our building where class would be. Little did we realize that we were in the middle of University of TN campus. Drove thru it that night not thinking about it, but geeze the next morning we realized something was going on when it took FOREVER to get out at the red light...Mind you I'm in a Herring Gas Vehicle, so I can't chance things like I would if I were in the Great Escape.

We had a long day of class. We were hoping to get out early and get back on the road, but that didn't happen. Class lasted till about 4:45. Which we are offically certified Breath Alcohol Technicians or BAT and something else to do with calibrating the machine. After class Donna and I both went back to our room and CRASHED... this studying and class work is hard stuff!!! About 6:30 we decided to get up and go find supper... We rode around the downtown district of Knoxville just to find alot of people and this... Don't ask me what this was in front of, I took it while sitting at a red light, didn't have time to look and see what it belonged too. We went to a little mall up the interstate. Figuring we'd find some restraunts and boy did we!!! If you ever get the chance, stop at Texas Roadhouse and order you a steak, baked potato (loaded of course), and a salad. This is my new favorite restraunt!! I could be the new spokes woman for them. Oh the rolls and cinnimon butter was delicious...Steak you could just about cut with your fork...seasoned just so right that I didn't even was steak sauce or ketchup with it...oh and the salad dressing is homemade and you could tell it....SWEET TEA was best I'd had in a long time... I'm putting this out as a big ole hint...I'll take any gift certificate to the Texas Roadhouse anyone wants to give me!!! LOL (infact, I found there is one in Baton Rouge and I have some friends who went and tried it out this weekend and said it was pretty good)....

AFter eating and stuffing ourself till we were miserable, back to the hotel to pack and get ready to roll out early the next morning...oh and this is what we saw when we opened our blindskinda makes you wonder what you'd get if you called right?!?! Next morning we were off early and took our time coming home. Stopped in Valley Head, AL and checked out the Miracle Pottery place (which it would be a miracle if I could afford that stuff).... then stopped in Ft. Payne and saw the Alabama Museum and Fan Club Shop. I was very disappointed in how this place has went down over the years. I remembered coming when I was little and being amazed by it...but the AC was out, the stuff in the cases were faded so bad and just wasn't taken well care of. But I guess those things happen over time. We finally made it back into good ole Franklin county around 7:00 that Wednesday night. We enjoyed our trip, even though it was a fast and tiring one....

No comments: