Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Quiet...sort of

All has been quiet lately...busy but quiet. Have had nothing major to post pictures of. However this week from Wednesday on will be busy.... Wednesday after church is done, Mom and I have to do our weekly cleaning. Of course being the 1st Thursday of the month, we have fire dept meeting, and Friday we have a blood drive for this amazing guy!Nathan Steele. Our familys were very close as we were growing up. He's an EMT, along with a volunteer fire fighter. Nathan has been married for about 5 yrs now his wife Rebecca. Last year around Sept or October, he was diagnoised with Colon Cancer. Such a blow for a 29 year old man to face. But Nathan and Rebecca have stayed strong and he's taken his chemo like a champ with very little complicatons. On January 13th, he had the cancer removed from his colon and have had complications due to an infection. Please, I ask you to pray for this family as Nathan has a LONG recovery ahead of himself. He will undergo more Chemo once he is recovered from the surgery and infection. So if you are in Meadville, come out Friday to support our Fire Department as we show our Support to Nathan and Rebecca by a blood drive.
After the drive I'm coast bound with some friends to celebrate their mother's 50th birthday!!! Maybe I'll have some exciting pictures to post...until them, stay safe and remember to pray for my buddy!!!! Love you all!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow that is so sad. I hope & pray he recovers fully.

Cindi

Barbara said...

Gosh, it's been a long time since I've seen him. You know I'll be praying. Wish I could donate but since I'm a big C person they won't touch me. Be careful this weekend.